Internet & Technology Law - The Wild Frontier
Law has found it difficult keeping up with the monumental technological advances of the past few years. As an online business, your legal counsel needs to have an understanding of not only law, but the actual mechanics of online business. We are involved in both, on a hands-on basis.
We have an abiding love for the law, technology, and the future. And that has helped us in spearheading cases that have taken a hand in both altering, and helping to stabilize the way parties advertise and do business online.
We strive to remain at the forefront of both the law, and the technology involved.
Practice Areas Include:
Unfair Business Practices: The heart of the Wild Frontier of Internet Law
If a competitor is engaging in acts against your business that feel wrong, smell wrong, or just seem wrong, they may well be wrong. Just because the law hasn't yet given them a name does not mean you are without recourse. Fair and equitable legal options are available under existing unfair competition laws including common law, the California Unfair Competition Law (Bus. & Prof. §17200 et seq.), and the federal Lanham Act.
We are dedicated to utilizing the existing law in unique and original ways to try to resolve the new and unprecedented problems that arise in this wild online frontier.
Specific Issues Include:
Domain Name & Intellecutal Property Disputes
- Trademark infringement claims, including:
- UDRP claims (ICANN Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy)
- Copyright infringement claims including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Claims under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA)
Transactional Work Regarding your Intellectual Property
- Trademark applications and filing
- Copyright applications and filing
- Aid in negotiating sale or purchase of domain names
- General consultation regarding cyberlaw
Pay-Per-Click Advertising Issues
- Click Fraud
- Interference with Contractual Relations
- General Internet Advertising issues
Software and other Licensing Agreements
- End User License Agreements (EULAs)
- Online Agreements
- Click-Wrap Agreements
- Linking and Downloading Agreements
- Software Development Agreements
- Source Code issues
General Internet Business Law
- Electronic Contracting
- Privacy Laws and Policies
- E-Commerce transactions and Tax
- Jurisdiction over Online Legal Disputes
Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Client Lists
- Advertising Keywords
- Marketing Secrets
- Other proprietary information